Hi, How Can We Help You?

Family Immigration

Family Stream Permanent Visa (Immigration)

You can sponsor your spouse or partner, parents or children to migrate and remain in Australia. However, please note that if you want to sponsor your family then you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident. There is no requirement for the skills test or language for family migration, but the intended migrants must be able to comply with certain health related requirements

The family stream comprises three main categories:
  • Partner, including spouse or fiancé of the sponsor
  • Child, including the dependent child or stepchild of the sponsor — a child adopted from overseas (which may be an orphan)
  • Parent of the sponsor

Partner/Spouse Visa

To sponsor a partner, you must either be married, have a registered relationship, be in a de- facto relationship or be engaged to them.

Partner Visa Subclass 820

Partner Visa Subclass 820 is the pathway for the permanent residency. Partner Visa 820 is a temporary visa allowing the visa holder to stay in Australia with his/her spouse until the partner is granted the permanent partner visa (subclass 801).

Parent Visa

Parents with at least half of their children who are at least a permanent resident of Australia may be qualified for a parent visa. Parents over a specific age might be qualified to apply for an onshore ‘aged parent’ visa which enables them to stay in Australia on a bridging visa during processing.

Parent Visa (Subclass 103)

Australian citizens or the permanent resident can sponsor their parents under Parent Visa (Subclass 103) to move to Australia and to join them there. To get this type of visa you have to meet some pre-requirements, the balance of family test and another requirement, upon successful completion of which, the visa is successfully granted.

Child Visa

Australia provides many options for children to gain visas and reunite with their family. In some cases, adopted or biological children can be eligible if they meet the prescribed criteria.

Child Visa (Subclass 802)

Australian citizens or permanent residents are entitled to a child visa (Subclass 802) through which they can sponsor their child, if it resided outside Australia. Under this visa, a child can stay in Australia with its sponsoring parents permanently.

Child Visa (Subclass 101)

This visa lets a dependent child move to Australia to live with their parents. In this visa, only those children are eligible whose age is 18 years or less, or is a full-time student aged between 18 and 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or a child who is over 18 and unable to work due to any disability. At the time of visa application, the child must be outside Australia.