UK Study Visa from Pakistan - How to Apply?
UK Study Visa from Pakistan. How to get one?
Have you always dreamed of studying in the UK from Pakistan? With a UK Student Visa (Tier 4 visa), you can turn that dream into reality! UK study visa, also known as the Tier 4 visa, lets you study in the UK for at least 6 months, with the chance to stay longer for further studies. Sound exciting? We’ll guide you through everything you need to know, from the different visa types and documents to costs and timelines. No need to worry about fancy words or confusing steps – we’ll explain it all in clear, straightforward language. So, if you’re ready to experience top-ranked universities, exciting cities, and a diverse culture, let’s start your UK study journey together!
What is a UK Study Visa?
A UK Study Visa, also known as a Tier 4 Visa, is a permit that allows international students to come and study in the United Kingdom for a minimum of 6 months. This visa is essential for students who wish to pursue various educational programs in the UK, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and short-term courses. It provides the legal authorization for foreign students to live, study, and potentially work in the UK during their academic pursuits. Additionally, it may be extended to accommodate longer courses or further studies.
Eligibility Criteria for UK Study Visa From Pakistan
- Academic Qualifications: Meet the university’s entry requirements for your chosen program. This typically involves transcripts, certificates, and any relevant standardized test scores.
- English Language Proficiency: Demonstrate your English language skills through recognized tests like IELTS with a minimum score as specified by your chosen university and visa category.
- Financial Requirements: Prove you can financially support yourself during your studies. This includes tuition fees, living expenses, and healthcare costs. Bank statements, sponsor letters, or scholarships can fulfill this requirement.
- Age: If you’re under 18, you’ll need consent from your legal guardians and evidence of suitable living arrangements in the UK.
Documents Requirements for UK Study Visa From Pakistan
- A Valid Passport and ID Card: Make sure to check the validity of your passport before submitting. Also, you must provide your CNIC with two color photographs with 35mm * 45mm.
- Academic Documents: You must provide your Education degrees and certificates.
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance For Study): An offer or invitation letter that proves your enrollment in a course or university.
- Financial Status: You must provide details to prove that you can support yourself financially living in the United Kingdom. But if you have a sponsor like a university or UK Government, you need to provide the details in your application.
- English Test: An IELTS test that proves you are educated enough to understand the English Language for studying in the UK. You must score at least 4.0 for the acceptance of your UK Visa application.
- Age Proof: If you are above 18 years old, you must provide a consent letter from your parents or guardian to study abroad. However, if you are under 18, you must provide documents of your arrangements for the UK by your legal guardians.
- Tuberculosis Test: The requirement for a TB test depends on the country from where you are applying. You’ll have a chest x-ray or a mucus sample from your lungs. If the reports are clear, you are good to go for the Visa application.
- ATAS Certificate (If Required): The ATAS certificate is important for international students like researchers looking for post-graduate courses in the UK. Check out the UK Government Official Website for more information.
- Family Registration Certificate: As per the recent policies of the UK Government, the FRC certificate from the NADRA office in Pakistan is mandatory for the completion of the Visa application.
- Medical Examination: Depending on your nationality and duration of stay, a medical examination might be required.
- Police Clearance Certificate: Some students may need to submit a police clearance certificate from their home country.
- Biometric Information: You’ll need to provide fingerprints and a digital photograph during the application process.
- Travel History: Include details of your recent travel history in your application.
- Dependents: If applying with dependents, provide their documents and proof of relationship.
You must provide the following information when applying for a UK Visa from Pakistan:
Types of UK Student Visas
Here are the types of student visas in United Kingdom
Who it’s for
Arrival Date in UK
Duration of Stay
Student Route (General)
Students over 16 enrolled in a higher education course at a licensed Tier 4 sponsor institution
3 months before course start
Up to 1 month before (courses over 6 months)
Up to 5 years (depending on program)
Student Route (Child)
Children aged 4-17 accompanying a parent with a valid Tier 2 or Tier 4 visa, enrolled in a course at a licensed institution
3 months before course start
Up to 1 month before (courses over 6 months)
Duration of parent's visa
Short-term Study Visa
Students participating in short-term courses (6-11 months), like English language programs or vocational training
3 months before travel to UK
As per travel dates
Maximum 11 months
Tier 4 (General) for Research Purposes
International researchers engaged in a recognized research project in the UK
3 months before travel to UK
Up to 1 month before
Up to 3 years (renewable)
Tier 4 (General) for Doctorate Extension Route
Doctoral students requiring additional time to complete their studies
Up to 6 months before visa expires
As per previous visa
Up to 12 months (extension)
Tier 4 (General) for Sandwich Placements
Students on approved placement programs as part of their UK studies
3 months before placement start
As per placement dates
Up to 12 months (placement duration)
How to Apply For UK Study Visa From Pakistan
To apply for a UK Student Visa, Follow these steps:
- Visit the official UK Government Visa Application Website
- Browse visa types: Explore different Tier 4 visa options and check your eligibility based on your study program and nationality.
- Review eligibility criteria: Carefully understand the requirements for your chosen visa type, including age, English language proficiency, financial proof, and academic qualifications.
- Research universities and programs: Use resources like UCAS or individual university websites to find programs aligning with your interests and qualifications.
- Contact admission departments: Directly connect with the admission department of your desired universities for specific requirements and guidance.
- Secure an offer of acceptance: Remember, securing an offer is crucial before proceeding with your visa application.
- Once accepted: Your chosen university will issue a CAS, a unique document required for your visa application.
- Download the visa application form: Choose the correct application form based on your visa type from the UK government website.
- Gather required documents: Refer to the UK government website for the complete list of documents needed for your chosen visa type.
- Calculate your fees: Use the UK government website fee calculator to determine the visa application fee and healthcare surcharge you need to pay.
- Pay online: Follow the instructions on the website to pay the fees securely through the official payment portal.
- Schedule your biometric appointment: Book an appointment at a UK visa application center in Pakistan for fingerprint and digital photograph capture. Early booking is recommended to avoid delays.
- Submit your application: Arrive at time and hand in your completed application form, all required documents, and your payment receipt.
- Keep track of your reference number: Remember the reference number provided for online application tracking.
- Use the online tracking system: The UK government website provides an online system to monitor the progress of your application using your reference number.
- Respond to requests promptly: If they require additional information or clarification, respond promptly to avoid delays.
- Follow instructions: You will receive instructions from the UK government on how to collect your visa once approved. This might involve visiting the visa application center or receiving it by courier.
- Travel arrangements: If your visa is approved, you can finalize your travel arrangements to the UK.
UK Study Visa Processing Time
The processing time of a Student Visa changes as per the policies of the UK government. Typically, you’ll receive the notification within the 15 working days after your application submission date.
UK Study Visa Fees From Pakistan
For International Students in Pakistan, the Visa fee is approximately Rs 80000. However, if you are already studying in the UK and wish to extend your Visa, you will need to pay Rs 114,700.
How Much Bank Statement for UK Student Visa From Pakistan?
The estimate UK student visa bank statement is based on two key factors: location and course fees.
London study: Aim for £9,336 (for 9 months), covering the higher living costs (£1,334/month). Include any remaining tuition fees after scholarships/sponsorships.
Non-London study: Target £7,161 (for 9 months) based on the lower living costs (£1,023/month). Again, factor in any outstanding tuition fees.
Check the official UKVI website for the exact requirements based on your specific situation. Don’t forget the 28-day rule: the funds must be readily available in your account for 28 straight days before applying.
Top UK Universities For Pakistani Student
If you are a student from Pakistan who is looking forward to study in UK, we have a list of top UK universities for you to consider:
University of Oxford
Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies, Combined & General Studies
University of Cambridge
Engineering & Technology, Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies, Social Sciences, Language & Area Studies, Medicine & Dentistry, Physical Sciences
Imperial College London
Faculty of Engineering, Medicine, Sciences.
University College London
Social Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry
Education and Teaching
Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Architecture, Building, & Planning, Physical Sciences, Psychology
Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies
The University of Edinburgh
Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, Historical, Philosophical & Religious Studies, Language & Area Studies, Biological & Sport Sciences, Business & Management, Engineering & Technology
The University of Manchester
Biology, Medicine, and Health, Science and Engineering, Business and Management, Social Sciences
Kings College London
Business & Management
Dentistry, Oral and craniofacial Sciences, Law
Life Sciences & Medicine
Natural & Mathematical Sciences, Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, Social Science & Public Policy
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Social Sciences, Business & Management, Law Studies
University of Bristol
Social Sciences, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Business & Management
Medicine & Dentistry
Humanities, Modern Languages, Computer Science, Civil, Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering
University of Warwick
Business & Management
Engineering & Technology
Social Sciences, Art
We’ve explored the various types of UK Student Visas, document requirements, processing times, fees, and a step by step UK study visa application process. Your academic aspirations can come to life in the United Kingdom, and it all starts with the right visa.
Choose Our UK Study Visa Consultancy Services
The process of applying for a UK student visa can be intimidating and complicated. It’s simple to become overwhelmed by the sheer number of visa categories, qualifying standards, and accompanying documentation. Our UK study visa consultation services can help with that.
Our staff of knowledgeable and UK study visa from Pakistan consultants is up to speed on the most recent changes to UK visa rules and regulations. We can assist you in selecting the best form of visa for your purposes, completing your application quickly and properly, and making sure you have all the necessary supporting documentation.
Why Choose Our UK Student Visa Consulting Services?
- 99% Success Rate in UK Study Visas
- On-time submissions
- No overcharging
- Zero delays which an individual may incur when applying by itself
- Proven portfolio of UK study visa success stories and past admissions
- Updated and current information with regard to both the countries and the Canadian universities
- From document review to application submission, we provide a variety of services to suit your specific needs.
We are dedicated to offering the best possible service and support to our clients. To give you the best chance of success, we will collaborate closely with you during the whole visa application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
The processing time for a UK Student Visa varies based on UK government policies, but typically you can expect to receive a notification within 15 working days after submitting your application. It’s advisable to apply well in advance to ensure a smooth transition to your studies in the UK.
Pakistani students can apply to extend their Student Visa if they’re in the UK and they want to continue their studies. They must apply before their current visa expires and their new course must begin within 28 days of their current visa expiring.
It costs £490 to extend or switch to a student visa from inside the UK.
Yes, a Pakistani student may be able to work 20 hours per week while studying in the UK. How much they can work depends on what they’re studying and whether they’re working in or out of term-time.
The IELTS band requirement can vary depending on the course and university, but generally, for degree level or above, a student should aim for an IELTS score of 6.5 overall, no less than 5.5 or above, and for below degree level, a score of 5.5 overall no less than 5 or above.
Yes, it’s possible to study in the UK without an IELTS test. To do so, you’ll need to provide a letter of acceptance (CAS) from a UK university and a document attested by the university stating that you can apply without an IELTS test.
Get in-depth guide: Study in the UK Without IELTS
- A Student Route (General) Visa is for students aged 16 or older attending accredited UK educational institutions. You can apply up to 3 months before your course starts. For courses lasting over 6 months, you can arrive up to 1 month in advance.
- A Student Route (Child) Visa is for students aged 4 to 17 attending accredited UK institutions with a valid student route sponsor. You can apply up to 3 months before your course starts. If your course is under 6 months, you can arrive up to 1 week early, and for longer courses, up to 1 month early.
Talk to our Visa Experts
Let's Connect !
Feel free to take the first step towards your visa success story. Reach out, and let’s set off on this journey together!