Study in United Kingdom
UK Study Visa from Pakistan. How to get one?
Dreaming of studying in the UK? It’s possible with a UK Student Visa! This visa, also known as Tier 4 visa, allows international as well as Pakistani students to study in the UK for at least 6 months, with the option to extend for further studies.
We’ll explain the types of UK Student Visas, what documents you’ll need, how long it takes to get your visa, and what it costs. Plus, we’ll show you how to apply without taking the IELTS test. So, if you’re looking to study in the UK from Pakistan, let’s begin your educational journey!
What is a UK Study Visa?
A UK Study Visa, also known as a Tier 4 Visa, is a permit that allows international students to come and study in the United Kingdom for a minimum of 6 months. This visa is essential for students who wish to pursue various educational programs in the UK, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and short-term courses. It provides the legal authorization for foreign students to live, study, and potentially work in the UK during their academic pursuits. Additionally, it may be extended to accommodate longer courses or further studies.
Types of UK Student Visas
Here are the types of study visas in United Kingdom
|e4Student visa type||Who it’s for||What is the perfect time to apply?||What is the arrival date in the UK?|
|Student Route (General) Visa||Students over the age of 16 who are accepted to attend a course at a UK-accredited educational institution.||3 months before the beginning of your course.||If your course lasts six months or less, you may arrive up to one week in advance. If your course is longer than six months, you may arrive up to one month in advance.|
|Student route (Child) visa||Students between the ages of 4 and 17 who are accepted to attend a course at a UK-accredited educational institution with a legitimate student route sponsor, such as an independent fee-paying school.||3 months before the beginning of your course.||If your course lasts six months or less, you may arrive up to one week in advance. If your course is longer than six months, you may arrive up to one month in advance.|
|Short-term study visa||Students who were offered a spot on a short-term course, such as training.||3 months before your departure to the UK.||It depends on your travel dates.|
UK Study Visa Document Requirements
You must provide the following information when applying for a UK Visa from Pakistan:
- A Valid Passport and ID Card: Make sure to check the validity of your passport before submitting. Also, you must provide your CNIC with two color photographs with 35mm * 45mm.
- Academic Documents: You must provide your Education degrees and certificates.
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance For Study): An offer or invitation letter that proves your enrollment in a course or university.
- Financial Status: You must provide details to prove that you can support yourself financially living in the United Kingdom. But if you have a sponsor like a university or UK Government, you need to provide the details in your application.
- English Test: An IELTS test that proves you are educated enough to understand the English Language for studying in the UK. You must score at least 4.0 for the acceptance of your UK Visa application.
- Age Proof: If you are above 18 years old, you must provide a consent letter from your parents or guardian to study abroad. However, if you are under 18, you must provide documents of your arrangements for the UK by your legal guardians.
- Tuberculosis Test: The requirement for a TB test depends on the country from where you are applying. You’ll have a chest x-ray or a mucus sample from your lungs. If the reports are clear, you are good to go for the Visa application.
- ATAS Certificate (If Required): The ATAS certificate is important for international students like researchers looking for post-graduate courses in the UK. Check out the UK Government Official Website for more information.
- Family Registration Certificate: As per the recent policies of the UK Government, the FRC certificate from the NADRA office in Pakistan is mandatory for the completion of the Visa application.
UK Study Visa Processing Time
The processing time of a Student Visa changes as per the policies of the UK government. Typically, you’ll receive the notification within the 3 weeks after your application submission date.
UK Student Visa Fee From Pakistan
For International Students in Pakistan, the Visa fee is approximately Rs 80000. However, if you are already studying in the UK and wish to extend your Visa, you will need to pay Rs 114,700.
How to Apply For UK Study Visa From Pakistan
To apply for a UK Student Visa, Follow these steps:
- Go to the official UK Government Visa Application Website
- Create an Account by following the instructions.
- Fill out the form online. Make sure to fill each section carefully without errors.
- Attach the required documents such as CAS, Passport, Academic Certificates, etc.
- Pay the Visa fee. It is important to keep the payment receipt as proof.
Top Universities in UK For Pakistani Student
If you are a student from Pakistan who is looking forward to study in UK, we have a list of top universities for you to consider:
|Universities||QS Rankings||Popular Programs|
|University of Oxford||04||Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies, Combined & General Studies|
|University of Cambridge||02||Engineering & Technology, Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies, Social Sciences, Language & Area Studies, Medicine & Dentistry, Physical Sciences|
|Imperial College London||06||Faculty of Engineering, Medicine, Sciences.|
|University College London||08||Social Sciences, Medicine and Dentistry Education and Teaching Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Architecture, Building, & Planning, Physical Sciences, Psychology Historical, Philosophical, & Religious Studies|
|The University of Edinburgh||15||Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, Historical, Philosophical & Religious Studies, Language & Area Studies, Biological & Sport Sciences, Business & Management, Engineering & Technology|
|The University of Manchester||28||Biology, Medicine, and Health, Science and Engineering, Business and Management, Social Sciences|
|Kings College London||37||Business & Management Dentistry, Oral and craniofacial Sciences, Law Life Sciences & Medicine Natural & Mathematical Sciences, Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, Social Science & Public Policy|
|The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)||56||Social Sciences, Business & Management, Law Studies|
|University of Bristol||61||Social Sciences, Electrical & Electronic Engineering Engineering Mathematics Business & Management Medicine & Dentistry Humanities, Modern Languages, Computer Science, Civil, Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering|
|University of Warwick||64||Business & Management Engineering & Technology Mathematical Sciences Social Sciences, Art|
UK Study Visa Without IELTS
Having a good grip on the English Language is important when it comes to studying overseas, especially in the United Kingdom. Many universities require an IELTS Test to apply for a Visa Application. However, one can still apply for a visa without having to take any IELTS Test. All you need is to provide:
- A letter of acceptance (CAS) from a university in the UK
- An attested document from the university with a statement that you can apply without IELTS.
Studying in the UK is a dream within reach, thanks to the Student UK Visa, also known as Tier 4. This visa opens the doors for international students to embark on a transformative educational journey lasting a minimum of 6 months, with the potential for extensions.
We’ve explored the various types of UK Student Visas, document requirements, processing times, fees, and even how to apply without an IELTS test. Your academic aspirations can come to life in the United Kingdom, and it all starts with the right visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A Student Route (General) Visa is for students aged 16 or older attending accredited UK educational institutions. You can apply up to 3 months before your course starts. For courses lasting over 6 months, you can arrive up to 1 month in advance.
- A Student Route (Child) Visa is for students aged 4 to 17 attending accredited UK institutions with a valid student route sponsor. You can apply up to 3 months before your course starts. If your course is under 6 months, you can arrive up to 1 week early, and for longer courses, up to 1 month early.
Yes, it’s possible to study in the UK without an IELTS test. To do so, you’ll need to provide a letter of acceptance (CAS) from a UK university and a document attested by the university stating that you can apply without an IELTS test.
The processing time for a UK Student Visa varies based on UK government policies, but typically you can expect to receive a notification within 3 weeks after submitting your application. It’s advisable to apply well in advance to ensure a smooth transition to your studies in the UK.
Talk to our Visa Experts
Let's Connect !
Feel free to take the first step towards your visa success story. Reach out, and let’s set off on this journey together!