Studying in the UK can be your gateway to kickstart your career, but hold on tight because those high tuition fees may cost your entire life savings. Which can be a big trouble for you.
But worry not my fellow Pakistani students! Because we’ve got your back! To make it possible for you, different UK scholarships for Pakistani students are available in 2024. These scholarships provide tuition fees, living and traveling expenses, and other expenses too.
However, In this article, we have covered the latest UK scholarships for Pakistani students and tips to get them. So go ahead and grab those opportunities like a boss!
Still, if you find yourself lost in a sea of confusion or desperately need some top-notch advice, it’s time to call in the consultants! Keep reading to dig more about studying in United Kingdom with a scholarship.
Top UK Scholarships for Pakistani Students 2024
Getting quality education is crucial for your career; what’s better than studying at the top universities in the UK? So below we have mentioned the most popular UK scholarships for Pakistani students; let’s have a look:
- It’s one of the top-notch, precious Scholarships awarded by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
- These scholarships give you a chance to study in the United Kingdom. However, they are fully funded by the Commonwealth countries.
- These scholarships are mainly for students with leadership qualities and exceptional academic capabilities.
- It covers almost all education levels, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral.
- Commonwealth scholarships can be partially or fully funded. It covers tuition fees, travelling expenses, living costs, and other expenses.
- Getting a Commonwealth scholarship is nothing less than a dream come true. The students get this scholarship- after so many processes, such as academic records, potential, caliber, and statements.
- The Commonwealth scholarship holders can gain a high-level education and research facility- which is great for your growth and career.
- The Chevening Scholarship is a reputable scholarship the UK government provides.
- This scholarship is for candidates who have next-level academic performance and exceptional skills
- With this Chevening scholarship, the student can do a one-year master’s degree at a UK university in any field.
- It includes tuition fees, travelling costs, living expenses, and other allowances.
- The selection is competitive and includes a personal statement, exceptional academic achievement, leadership qualities, and commitment toward the country.
- By becoming a Chevening scholar, you will get access to a network of influential and powerful alums, which will keep you connected to the sources in your career.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is one of the prestigious scholarships, which is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and is available to Pakistani students.
- This scholarship includes tuition costs, living expenses, airfare, and other allowances- hence it’s a jackpot- a fully funded scholarship.
- This scholarship is for those with leadership qualities, good academic background, and energy to bring positive change to the country.
University of Manchester Global Futures Scholarship
- The University of Manchester has a Global Futures Scholarship program in which Pakistani students willing to pursue studies in the UK are eligible.
- This scholarship includes tuition fees and a stipend for living expenses during the Postgraduate degree.
- The students who prefer the scholarship are those who have the spark to do something in the field with excellent academic and leadership qualities.
British Council Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Award
- The British Council Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Award is a UK-based scholarship for students willing to complete a postgraduate degree in the UK.
- Pakistani students are also eligible for this scholarship.
- This scholarship includes tuition fees, living costs, research expenses, and flights to/from the UK.
- If you get this scholarship- you are fortunate enough. With this scholarship comes many career opportunities- you will get cultural awareness training and participation in the British Council’s Professional Development Program.
Dawood Foundation Scholarship
- This scholarship, Dawood Foundation Scholarship, is a completely financed UK-based scholarship.
- This scholarship is for students willing to study at the University of Cambridge.
- This scholarship is fully funded by the Dawood Foundation(a non-profitable organization in the UK).
- It includes the complete tuition expenses and living costs of around £15,000. Apart from that, it also includes travel expenses and visa costs.
What Is the Eligibility Criteria for UK Scholarships for Pakistani Students?
The eligibility criteria for UK scholarships for Pakistani students can vary from scholarship to scholarship. It depends on the study level and university.
But we can give you general guidelines which are considered at the time of applying for scholarships. Let’s have a look!
- Academic Excellence: The scholarships search for students with high caliber and excellent academics. Moreover, it’s calculated through grades and test scores(IELTS or GRE).
- Financial Need: Some scholarships are based on financial aid. But for that, you need to give family income details.
- Statement of Purpose: Some scholarships need a statement covering the academic and career opportunities and the reason for applying.
- Age limit: Most of the scholarships have an age limit, so when applying, make sure to check the age limit.
- Interview: Mostly, a scholarship asks you to appear in the interview as a level of the selection process.
Benefits of UK Scholarships for Pakistani Students
UK scholarships for Pakistani students offer numerous benefits who wish to pursue higher education in the UK. Few of them are listed below:
- Financial Assistance: Scholarships provide financial assistance to cover costs, reducing the financial burden on students and their families.
- Enhanced Career Opportunities: Pursuing higher education in the UK can enhance career opportunities for Pakistani students
- Cultural Exposure: Studying in the UK provides an opportunity for Pakistani students to immerse themselves in a different culture and broaden their horizons
- Research Opportunities: UK universities are renowned for their research facilities and expertise.
- Networking Opportunities: Pursuing higher education in the UK provides Pakistani students with an opportunity to network with professionals in their field of study.
Studying at a UK university can be a turning point for your career. But it can be challenging due to high expenses. However, there are scholarships available specifically for Pakistani students studying in the UK, which can help alleviate the financial burden.
It is important to note that once you have been awarded a scholarship in the UK, it is necessary to apply for a UK student visa 3-6 months prior to the start of the academic session. If you have any questions or need assistance, please leave a comment below.
FAQ’s About UK Scholarships for Pakistani Students
Can Pakistani students get fully funded scholarships in UK?
Yes, Pakistani students can apply for fully funded scholarships to study in the UK. There are various scholarships and financial aid options available to international students, including those from Pakistan, who wish to pursue their studies in the UK.
Can You Apply for Multiple Scholarships at a Time?
Yes, you can apply for more than one UK scholarship for Pakistani students.
What Scholarships Are Available for Pakistani Students Studying in the UK?
There are a variety of UK scholarships for Pakistani students. These scholarships can be fully or partially funded and sponsored by the government and organizations. However, we have enlisted some of the worthy scholarships.
Can I get UK scholarships without IELTS?
While many scholarships for international students studying in the UK require proof of English language proficiency, such as the IELTS or equivalent exams, there are some instances where you may be able to secure scholarships and can study in the UK without IELTS.
How do you qualify for scholarships in the UK?
These scholarship opportunities in the UK are based on a student’s academic achievements, such as grades, test scores, and class rankings. Universities, independent schools, or other educational institutions may offer them. Academic scholarships in UK can cover tuition fees, living expenses, or both
Are UK scholarships easy to get?
To get a scholarship in the UK, students require a higher GPA, which will help them to increase their likelihood of receiving a good scholarship. Students with GPAs between 3.5 and 4.0 stand out the most in institutions that offer academic scholarships